Thursday, September 29, 2011

What We Have Been Up To

Well, after a mad rash of posts, we had a little lull there.  Not because we are not doing anything, just that I have not been taking pictures!

One of Alex's favorite games is to build towers with blocks.  The other day we were playing when she decided to stop building a tower and just play with the blocks.  Then she says "look mommy!  An airplane!"



Today Alex and I made a trip to the school supply store, Banks.  I miss the Learning Shop, but Banks has what I want, even if it is not quite the same shopping experience.  I picked up some liquid water colors on this trip and so this afternoon I made a nice colorful batch of rainbow rice for our sensory box.


I really love how vibrant the colors turned out!  And then the house did not reek of rubbing alcohol and the rice was ready to play with in less than hour.

 Alex really had a good time exploring the rice.  She loved the different colors and the new textures.  Now if we can just keep it in the sensory box...but that is why we only play with it on the hardwood floors!






No comments: