Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bike Riding

Alex has been very interested in bikes for a long time.  Last year we found a good deal on a tricycle that we got for her.  This summer she has pointed out all the other kids in the neighborhood and is always drawn to the bike section at Target.  Yet she has not really taken the time to work on riding her own bike...she preferred to just have mommy or daddy push her down the sidewalk.  Well, that all changed this weekend.  All of a sudden she was not only peddling, but steering to keep herself on the sidewalk.   I was following behind her as she cruised down the sidewalk yesterday and she kept looking back telling me to stay away...she could do this all by herself!

Today we were outside, enjoying the beautiful fall day and she was on her bike.  I was sitting on the driveway, watching, making sure she didn't roll down the driveway into the street (she is getting really good at stopping herself too!) when she went down around the corner and didn't come back...I thought she probably had gotten distracted and was just in the side yard, but went to investigate.  And I did not find my daughter playing in the side yard...but motoring along on her bike down the sidewalk towards the end of the block!

She is just so proud of herself!!!

She has also been having a really good time drawing with chalk.  And practicing writing her letter A.

No comments: