After many discussions, debates, searches on line, trips to different stores, Steve and I finally were able to come to some sort of agreement on what Alex's next bed should be. He wanted something fun, something cool, and something that he had (I think) always wished for as a kid. He wanted a loft bed. I wanted something simple, something cozy, something that she could grow with, and something that I could easily get into to snuggle with her, since she likes to have mommy snuggle with her when she is falling asleep (I know, we are setting ourselves up for a rough transition down the road, but right now it is so nice to have that quite time with her at the end of each day). And I don't think she is quite ready for a bed that is too high off the ground yet.
Of all things, we found the compromise at IKEA. Right now we have the bed set up just like a regular bed. But when she is old enough/is ready, we can flip it over and it converts into a loft bed! Oh, and we just had to get that leaf canopy too :) And per the request of one little princess, she again has Tinker Bell bedding!
1 comment:
You need to make some little fairies and hang them from the leaf! Cute big girl bed for your little princess.
Post a Comment