Monday, December 5, 2011

A Weekend of Fun!

We had a busy and fun first weekend of December.  Hard to believe, but yup, it is December!

Alex developed a bit of a drippy nose last week, so I decided not to take her to the play date we had scheduled on Friday.  She was a bit bummed to miss her friends, so I promised/bribed her we could make a cake for daddy.  This was a fairly even trade in activities and she had a blast helping, but her favorite part really was licking the spoon and the beaters!





Then Sunday morning we decided to take Alex to a movie, at the movie theater.  So off we went to an early showing of Arthur Christmas.  She had a grand time, though I am not sure what was more exciting, going to a movie, or getting popcorn!


We also picked up a new sled for her this weekend, as she had grown WAY to long for her sled from last year.  We are lucky that right across the street from our house is a nice open space with a decent enough size hill that all the neighborhood kids have designated it a sledding area :)  I will admit it is nothing quite as steep or long as the hills at Elver Park or Cherokee Middle School we grew up with, but it is actually the perfect size for Alex, at least for a few years.  She LOVES to go sledding.  Sunday we headed out in the afternoon and got a few action shots of her.  And while I don't have pictures, since Steve had the camera...he did an awesome face-plant in the snow as he chased her down the hill to get pictures :)











She can't wait to go out again!

No comments: