Of course our biggest thing is learning to share and wait/take turns. As Alex and Evie start to play and interact with one another more, I am reminded of the Toddler Rules of Possession that we talked about during my teaching seminars, and many of us had posted in the back of our plan books, just to remind us what the mind set of a toddler really is! I thought I would share..even if you have seen it before, I find it is always a nice reminder.
Toddler Rules of Possession
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must NEVER appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I am doing something or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must NEVER appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I am doing something or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.
3 comments:
I think this extends far beyond the toddler years... Kiss the babies for me. Love fron Grandma
Are you saying that we never leave the toddler state of mind? That would explain a lot of things in this world!
LOVE the rules. I mean, I don't love the RULES. But I do love the list of the rules. ;-)
Post a Comment