We had a very nice, quiet New Year's Eve with Genny's sister Laura, her husband Joe, and Evie. It is a wonder any of us were awake at midnight! Needless to say, we all crashed pretty quickly after that. We watched the Batman movies (the new Dark Knight movies with Christian Bale as Batman) and at lots of junk food (chips/dip, jalapeno poppers, mozzarella sticks, pizza rolls, cookies, etc).
Today Steve and I celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. It is amazing to look back at how much we have gone through, done, experienced, and changed together over the years. We were so young when we got married. At times it seems like it was so long ago that we were married and at times it seems like just yesterday. Steve is an amazing person to be around, a great husband, and a wonderful father. I feel very lucky.
And I have made it through my first couple of days solo with the little princess. It is just such a joy to be able to be home with her. I would not trade this time for teh world. I just wish Steve could be home more, and I know so does he, but one of us has to work...Alex needs to keep her wardrobe up to date and current!
She is growing so much and is almost out of her newborn outfits, though many of the 0-3
items are still pretty big on her. Monday we have a check up and I would bet she is over 8lbs now :)
And because this is really why you come to the blog...more pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment