Saturday, January 10, 2009

What an exciting week this has been so far! Alex has been growing and becoming more alert during her awake times, though she still sleeps most of the day! We are working on having her sleep (and fall asleep) in her crib during the day. She has been doing amazingly well with this at night, but daytime naps have been less solid in the crib and shorter in duration. But we take it one day at a time.

On Thursday Alex had her first play date with our friends daughter Isabella. Isabella was born 4 days after Alex. Mom's had a nice time chatting and catching up and sharing stories about working through the first few weeks of being a mom. Dads had fun talking computer and video games during dinner and the girls...well they pretty much did their own thing for now :)

We are now beginning to introduce Alex to a bottle (still only using breast milk though) so Steve can assist in the feeding and we could possibly go out for dinner just the two of us. It is a bit slow going as she gets used to eating this way, but it has been nice for Steve to be able to be a part of this process, at least a little bit.

On Friday Genny's mom arrived for a visit, her first time in WI during the winter in 12+ years! Winter being one of the main reasons that she moved to Florida, all of her previous visits have been time to miss the winter weather. Of course, she arrived during a snow storm, the weather is set to take a turn to the bitterly cold, and more snow is in the forecast. Good thing we only have plans to stay in and snuggle with the babies (Alex and Evie)!


Hope everyone is staying warm!

Genny, Steve, and Alexandra

3 comments:

Julie said...

Say hi to your mom for me! Did you guys get the same snowstorm we did? We had 8 inches from yesterday into tonight. Ugh

EFP said...

It's so great to read your blog so Texas Aunt & Uncle can keep up on your new adventure as parents as well as a family of 3. Your Pooh & Dragon nursery for your little Princess is so cute & of course, we so enjoy seeing pictures of "Alex" as well as both of you & other family.
Much Love to all!!!

Thomasin said...

I'm glad the get together went well, Genny! I hope Uli and I can drop-in soon. I'm still getting the hang of taking her out on my own. Shoot, Justin and I are still getting the hang of getting her out TOGETHER! ;-)

What a time to leave FL---brrrr, it's chilly here in Madison. I vote that next winter, you visit Grandma at HER house! And if you want company, I'd be happy to come along! I'm finished with this weather!