She is taking to the bottle so well now and daddy really enjoys this time with her. And then mommy gets to take a long hot shower, or even (gasp!) read a book for a little bit! I never thought I would lose all my time to read....but even when she is sleeping there are many other things to do and projects to work on and little tasks to take care of, that it is hard to just take time to read for pleasure. But the time I get to spend with her makes it all worth it and books keep, so I will just keep adding to my "to be read" stack for those days when I can take a few minutes to read.
Alex and I listened to President Obama's speech today as she had tummy time. She seemed less than interested in witnessing this important day of history, but I really did. I am optimistic about the coming months/years will hold with a new leader in place. I know he won't be able to fix all the issues that have developed under the previous leadership, that mistakes will be made, and choices I don't agree with will occur, but at least we have a leader that can speak in a complete sentence and actually knows what he is saying, and not just reading a teleprompter. (sorry, did my political frustration leak through there??) And we can raise Alex to speak her mind (with clear statements and reasoning behind her choices) and that she can speak out against something she does not agree with and that is okay.
I will get off my soap box now..and here is what everyone really wants to see...the munchkin in all her glory
No comments:
Post a Comment