Another milestone! This past week both Steve and I got our first real smiles from Alex. What an amazing time it is when she smiles. She just lights up :) Of course, we have yet to have the camera ready when she does smile at one of us (hard to believe for those of you who know just how many pictures we actually take of her daily). But one of these days we will get it on film. Right now we just look forward to each smile.
We had a great visit with my mom and Evie came over two days as well. Grandma was in heaven with both little girls. Evie is getting so big. She is now sitting up completely on her own, she is much more aware of her surroundings and likes to play. She is interested in the world around her. Alex spent more time awake each day last week when Evie was her, watching her play.
This weekend Alex will get to meet her Uncle Binks when Steve's brother flies in from Maine to meet our little munchkin. It should be a fun weekend :)
The weather is supposed to be warmer this week, which is good, as Alex and I have a long list of errands and things to do this week, including finally getting to QTI to meet mommy's co-workers. We are also going to try and see Aunt Laura for lunch, and I have to go to the ortho to get my new retainer. And we are going to spend most of tomorrow watching the Inauguration of President Obama. She won't remember, but I can tell her about how she was able to witness this historic day and that it was a day of new beginnings. I am excited I can be home to watch these events.
Hope everyone is staying warm!
Genny, Steve, and Alexandra
No comments:
Post a Comment