Well, now we are at 39 weeks...I had my weekly check up today. Things are going well and she could arrive "any day now" but all the doctor would promise is that by 12/26 I will have this baby. Our family doctor will allow her to decide to arrive until she is 1 3/7 weeks late...which puts us pretty much at Christmas.
If she does come to close to Christmas, it just means we have to make a true effort to make her birthday special and Christmas special, but not blend the two together. We have talked about maybe celebrating her "half birthday" in order to give her special time, but we will see how this all plays out. Either way, she will be our wonderful holiday gift. We are both super anxious to have her arrive...and to meet this little princess! And I am anxious to have her not sitting/bouncing/playing on my bladder :)
This winter seems to be starting off as last year, with snow every other day, though so far each snow fall has been pretty minimal. And we had a very nice surprise last night when we got home and our neighbors had shoveled out our driveway and sidewalk. It is nice to have friendly neighbors :)
We are getting ready for St Nicholas's Day, which is 12/6 and is always the "start" of the holiday season for my family. It always suprises me (though I don't know why!) that so many people have never heard of or celebrated St Nicholas's Day, as it is such a part of the Gille family traditions. Steve has also gottne into the swing of it, though the first year I think he thought I was nuts! But in thinking back, that was probably just the first of many times he has thought I was nuts and it definately was not and will not be the last.
Happy winter to all!
Genny and Steve
No comments:
Post a Comment