Friday, May 11, 2012

Family Hike

Many times, Alex and I get to enjoy day out exploring this wonderful place we live in with our friends Nicole and Emily.  Today both the dads were able to join us on our adventures!  Alex was so excited to have daddy come with us, to spend time with her BFF, and of course, to get out and explore the world.  She does love going on hikes!!

This time we ventured to Maxwell Falls, about a hour south and west of us, near Evergreen. We had hoped to find the waterfalls, but either missed the signs or took a wrong trail somewhere.  No matter!  We still had a great time with some magnificent views!  The girls had fun climbing on the rocks, venturing out on the cliff, exploring a cave, and walking on a fallen log.   We got to see a hummingbird and a woodpecker.

We had also planned to picnic, but since the day was much cooler that we expected, we decided that a picnic in the snow would not be as much fun and instead ventured back into town and found a cute place for burgers instead.



 the mountains looked so amazing with the cloud cover!










 Nicole, Emily, Alex, and Genny 







 Boy, I guess I do look pregnant, even in a jacket!  

Exploring the "cave" we found.  





 All those gymnastics classes are really paying off!

This is where we stopped for lunch...and you can see the snow falling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When did you become the family in hats Can't wait to see you!!! I was finally able to reset my password for my e mail. I am so much better on the computer when Laura doesn't help. They are at Heineckes'.