And the stage of "Why?" has fully entrenched itself in our house. I strive not to be the parent that says "because I said so" but I know now why so many end up there! There are just so many ways to answer this question and not go crazy. And then sometimes, I realize the answer really is "why not?"
My conversation with Alex this morning as we were cleaning up breakfast:
Alex: I want something.
Mommy: What do you want?
Alex: I want a piece of chocolate.
Mommy: Um...I don't think so.
Alex: Why?
Mommy: Because we don't have chocolate at 7:00 in the morning
Alex: Why?
Mommy: Umm...that is a good question. You ate your breakfast...so why not?
And Alex was very happy with a Hershey Kiss!
As Steve pointed out, how different is that than a chocolate doughnut, chocolate chip bagel or a chocolate muffin. And in all actuality, it was better, since she had eaten her whole bowl of cereal (sharing her left over milk with Shadow of course!) so what was one small piece of chocolate?
No comments:
Post a Comment