Alex continues to find new ways to communicate with us. As described in previous posts, she has some words that she uses, but she is also fine tuning her non-verbal communication, with other actions besides crying. She has really taken to like Ranch Rice Cakes as a snack. This afternoon we were in the kitchen and she saw the Rice Cake bag on the top of the fridge. She motioned to be picked up, then used her hands to turn my head around towards the fridge and point at the Rice Cakes. So of course, she got a couple of rice cakes! She did this 3 times before I put her down, as we were getting close to dinner :)
Her favorite words now are kitty, Boo (for our cats Bamboo and Shadow) and she just started to use "up" but not yet with real consistency. She will sign for water, and if you leave a glass of water around, it will end up with baby backwash.
I got some new video this evening that I will load in the next day or so of the little one doing her arts and crafts and climbing up and down the stairs.
1 comment:
LOL--I love the turning your head thing! Learning to show you exactly what she *needs*!
Does she sign for water with a "w" at her chin? Or is it a different adaption?
Post a Comment