Thursday, June 11, 2009

A busy week..


As we get ready to head off to Chicago for the weekend (swimming in the hotel pool, Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry) I realized what a busy week we had!

We took our first "field trip" this week when we took Grandma Polly to the UW Orthopedic clinic for her check up on her fractured ankle. Good report, as Grandma can now walk as much as she feels comfortable and drive!!! While Grandma met with the doctor, we went to visit Uncle Joe who works in the Toxicology Lab at the UW. It was fun to see where he worked and meet his co-workers. And two beautiful girls got a lot of attention by staff and visitors as we wandered around. And I learned I CAN get the girls out the house with some planning and coordination :)

Alex is getting bigger (by the day it seems!) and it is amazing to watch each day as she learns something new, gains more confidence, and explores her world. She is sitting up with great ease, rolling over when it suits her, and enjoying tummy that includes some scooting backwards and side to side. She loves to watch and talk to Evie. It is such fun for me to just sit back and watch the two of them together! I got these great pictures this week...and my sister provided the dialog :) (Evie is a bit of a Nuk addict, Alex just likes to chew on them)

Alex: Hey, what you got there?

Alex: Can I have that?

Evie: You can't have the Nuk, but you can have this instead.

Alex got a wonderful QTI shirt when she was born, which is what she is wearing above...here she is just looking cute as can be in her QTI shirt.


No comments: