Anyway, a year ago yesterday (4/1/08) was the day we found out we were pregnant with Alex, though we did not know it was her yet! As some of you know, we had a miscarriage at the end of February, so by the end of March we were just waiting for my body to "reset". I was awaiting my monthly cycle to restart and a bit anxious for the whole process to be over and for us to be back at square one. Since things seemed to be taking some time to restart and I was feeling a bit on edge, I decided to just take a pregnancy test to put my mind at ease that all was as it should be, it was just taking a bit for the reset to kick in. Steve and I had made the agreement that I would always take the pregnancy test when we were both home, so we could share the results either way together. But this day I decided I would just take it before he got home as I was pretty sure I was not pregnant and was just taking the test to put my mind at ease and relax a bit.
Well, I took the test when I got home from work and just about went into shock when the two lines appeared! So then I had to wait for Steve to get home from work and of course he was a bit late! When he walked in the door, before he could do anything else I told him "I have something to show you, please don't be mad at me." To which his response was "What did you break?" I showed him the test results and he said "Yeah, I kind of thought you were pregnant." We were both super excited, but also in a bit of shock. I then proceeded to take 3 more pregnancy tests over the next week, just to be sure, before I called the doctor. I was just having a hard time believing that it could happen so quickly after the miscarriage.
But here we are a year later with a beautiful little girl, who at 3 months is sleeping through the night regularly, laughs and giggles and smiles each day to make even the most dreary of days sunny, and amazes us each day with her exploration of the world around her. And the added bonus that I get to stay home with her...well there are not enough words to express how lucky we both feel and how much we truly love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment