I would love to know what she is thinking about here...
Today we had Alex's 4 month check up. She is doing very well-growing, growing, growing! She ahs been fighting a cold for the past week, but the doctor said we should see this clear up in about another week or so. She is now 16 lbs, 2 oz and is 25 inches long!
Many have asked when we are going to solid foods. We talked with our doctor today about this issue. Steve and I would like to hold off on introducing solids a bit longer, as there is no direct benefit for introducing solids at 4 months if she is getting enough nurishment through breastfeeding. And at 16 lbs I would say that we are not going hungry! So right now our plan is to continue to introduce formula via a sippy cup and bottle, holding off on solids until she is about 5+ months old. We plan to make (most of) our own baby food (using as many fresh veggies and fruits as we can and supplementing with frozen for those not in season), so that gives us time to get into veggie season and be able to hit the farmer's market. This way we are not introducing too many new things at once.
The weather has become absolutley beautiful this week and I have taken advantage of it by getting the girls out each day for a long walk. They enjoy the sunshine, the smells, checking things out, and the nice ride of the double stroller and I enjoy getting out of the house!
Evie ready to go....
I have so many things I can't wait to do with them...playing in the grass (eating grass and dirt along the way!), splashing in water, and other sensory exploration outside. Next summer I have all kinds of ideas of things we can and will do...but I can't wait to explore the outside world through their eyes this summer. And I get to be outside each day! Yeah :)
We are getting so big...and very interested in one another!
No comments:
Post a Comment