Today was our first day of Music and Movement, a pre-dance class. I thought Alex would love it! We got dressed in fancy tights and a leotard with ruffles and off we went to the community center for our first class. We had to wait for another class to finish and she was anxious to get into the dance studio and get started...until we got into the studio. I managed to get the two pictures below before class started...and then I had my hands full managing a very distressed 2yr old who decided she did not want to participate and wanted to go home.
She did enjoy the part when the teacher brought out the musical instruments and I finally got some smiles and giggles at the end when we played with the parachute. And the funny thing was we did all kinds of things she LOVES to do at home-throw balls through a hula hoop, jump in and out of a hula hoop, dance with ribbons, and get stickers. Not sure if it was just an off day, if the new environment freaked her out, or what.
We did stay the whole class, I tried to get her to participate as much as I could, and did not give in the tears and screams. Hopefully next week will go better. If not, I may have to invest in ear plugs for the rest of the moms in the class!
She looks so darn cute, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment