Sunday, March 22, 2009

Single Parenting...





I give those single parents a ton of credit!  Steve flew out to Ohio for the weekend to help his brother pack up his books and such to take out to Oregon (where he has been teaching this year) so I am flying solo with Alex.  I love all the time with her, but boy, how does anyone get anything else done?  I suppose it would help if Munchkin had taken more than 3 20 min naps yesterday :)  But even with the limited naps, she has been good spirits and playful!  And really, I would rather play with her then fold laundry any day.

We kept very busy by meeting a friend and her son for lunch, running a few errands, and then going to have dinner at Aunt Laura and Uncle Joe's.  We had fun playing with Evie at her house as well.

The weather is finally starting to feel spring like and it was a beautiful day to be out and about.  I am very hopeful that this nicer weather will stay and we are done with snow for the year.  We did make it through the St Pat's day/HS Boys Basketball Tourney weekend without a major snowstorm, so that seems likely! 

We did have one unexpected adventure yesterday with a trip the hospital to visit grandma.  Unfortunately Grandma Colby fell yesterday and broke her ankle.  She is doing well, but will have surgery and then will most likely be off her feet (er, foot) for awhile.  Luckily we were able to visit and of course, a visit from the munchkin makes Grandma feel a bit better. 


We have decided that our hands (and our cow blanket) are much better than any pacifier mom and dad have offered!




We are also getting much more interested in our toys...even reaching for things that mom and dad have!

No comments: