Saturday, November 22, 2008

November 22, 2008

And the waiting game continues....family and friends are starting to place bets on when she will actually make her arrival. At this point, I am just ready for her to be here. Ready to actually be able to share her with Steve, as I imagine it must be hard for the dads, as we moms get the baby "to ourselves" for so long. I know Steve is anxious for her to come and to be able to become "daddy" to his little princess.

With the braces finally off (don't ask about the retainers-I truly hate them more than I ever did the braces!) I am excited to go have movie popcorn. I went to see "Twilight" yesterday with a girlfriend but I am saving movie popcorn for Sunday when Steve and I go to the movie together. He has not had popcorn the whole time I have had my braces, so it is a big treat/even for both of us. Not to mention getting to see Twilight again for the second time this weekend :) For those of you who have not seen/heard about my obsession (or been watching the entertainment news of late) this is a book series about a girl who falls in love with a vampire.

The movie is pretty good...not as good as the book of course! And they did make changes, added some things, moved things around a bit storyline wise, but really it all works. Since the book is written in first person, they had to find ways to bring things out that were thought about/described in the main characters thoughts in the books and try not to use too many "voice over" situations. The casting was also very well done.

We are finishing up things around the house. We have a few minor touch ups to do in Steve's study and then we are pretty much set with my to do list for the year. Time to start on the one for 2009 I guess! Homeownership is fun, but there is always something to do...or at least I find there is always something to do!

We are also getting ready for a "Gille" style Thanksgiving this year. My sister is cooking and we are trying to be sure all our favorite traditions are in place, but also being flexible to Heinecke and Colby traditions. It should be fun and we will eat lots of yummy stuff...but no matter what, we will miss mom's gravy. My sister is a great cook and I know it will taste amazing...but there is something about mom's gravy-maybe just because it is mom's, that will be missed. Or maybe it is just that mom will be missed.

Hope everyone is doing well....enjoying the change to winter and getting ready for the holidays!

Genny and Steve

No comments: