Friday, November 14, 2008

November 14 2008

Well, the braces are off! Yeah :) It feels so odd to feel my teeth and not have all the metal in the way. I got to eat a snickers for the first time in 2.5 yrs last night and I had my first piece of gum in almost 3 years! I get my "permanent" retainers next week an then will only have to go in for periodic retainer checks. As nice as my ortho is, I don't think I need to see her monthly anymore.

As for the baby...she is getting ready. She is starting to drop into position and things are moving right along. At this point, when ever she is ready to make her appearence, the doctor is fine with her coming. It could be 2 weeks, it could be 6 weeks. Me, I am hoping for closer to the 2 week mark....6 weeks is still a long way to go!

We are getting super excited to meet her, to have her meet all her family and friends, and to finally share her name! You have no idea how hard it has been for me to keep this secret! From my mom too....she is usually the one exception to the "secret" rule that Steve has (or one that he has agreed to for my sanity) but not this time.

We are getting our Halloween decorations down and will most likely start on some Christmas ones soon...just to get them done and up so we have one less thing to worry about before/after her arrival.

Hope all is well with everyone else,
Genny and Steve

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats on the braces! That's excellent news! I'll try to send "2 week baby delivery vibes" your way.