Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy!!

Last week was Steve's birthday.  And while I was maybe not quite as prepared as I would have liked, we still managed to make it a good day, full of celebration.  And as a bonus, Steve's brother Rick was here and able to help us celebrate!

We took the kids to the zoo in the morning and checked out the new exhibit at the Denver Zoo.  Steve, Uncle Rick and Alex spent some time at the pool in the afternoon, where she swam (with her life vest on) the whole length of the pool by herself!!

While they were at the pool, I had a chance to get a little decorating done...


We got a few family shots before heading out for dinner...


Then home again for presents and ice cream cake!  Of course Alex wanted to help daddy open his presents!







 Uncle Rick and Nicholas

 My silly little girl!
Yes, this year I coped out and we did not bake a cake, but in my defense, he did ASK for an ice cream cake!

I got these yesterday morning when Alex asked to have Nicholas snuggle in her bed...



No comments: