Monday, May 23, 2011

Denver Botanic Gardens

Today Alex and I met up with some friends for a morning at the Denver Botanic Gardens.  We made a few visits last year (you can see one of those visits here).  Today we focused on the AWESOME Children's Garden.  I can not say enough wonderful things about this hands on, kid centered, kid friendly area!  Alex had a great time playing in the stream, as you can tell, since she could not be bothered to actually look at me to take a picture!
Then we walked through the main gardens and a fun lunch with friends.  We watched the clouds roll in and got home in plenty of time before the storm hit.  It was nice to get out and enjoy a beautiful morning!
Getting ready to go...with Perry the Platypus


I love how she uses the binoculars backwards :)



Ready, set, GO!




Of course, we had to taste the water...

fishing!



Alex and her friend Drew on the waterfall

Alex and Drew checking out the view from the top of the hill.

No comments: