Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Fun

Happy December 1, 2010!

We have started our holiday count down putting up the ornament on the tree.  My mom made one of these for us before I was born, or shortly there after, and we used it up through my college years!  A few years ago, when the hurricane's hit Florida, my mother and sister used the old one as a template and made new ones for each of us.  This is the first year we have done it with Alex and I look forward to continuing this tradition with her for many years to come.  

The Christmas I was 2, my Grandma Gille made an advent wreath/holiday countdown/treat calendar.  Another thing we used well into my college years!  But now that Alex is old enough, it has been passed down to me.  My mom and I cleaned it up this fall, then Steve helped me get into a new frame.  Not looking to shabby for being 33 years old!  
Here it is before all the treats were put on:

And here it is with the treats:

We will do this one at night, since it has candy treats and while she may love that for breakfast, I think it would be better as dessert!  

And then of course, December 6 is St Nicholas Day, where we will celebrate with stockings in the morning.  Oh, we will all be on a sugar buzz  by Christmas at this rate :)



No comments: