Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

And it is a long weekend as Steve has President's Day off!!! Yesterday we spent some time running errands, had a nice lunch at Fudrucker's where Alexandra learned that dipping fries is fun and cheese sauce is yummy! We then stopped to play at the park as it was about 45 degrees out. She had fun climbing around, sliding down the slides and even was brave enough to walk the wobbly bridge all on her own! She met another little girl and they had fun following each other around.

This morning we decided to go out for breakfast...something we have not done in a long time and we have been missing our Saturday mornings with Grandpa Bill. We got ready and then looked out the window to snow. A nice white fluffy snow. But being from WI, an inch or two is not going to stop us!

After breakfast and trip to the grocery store we decided we better take advantage of the playtime in the snow before it all melts! Alex had a great time and laughed and laughed as mommy and daddy pelted each other with snowballs. She thought that was great fun! She was less than thrilled when we called it time to go in.


One of her new favorite activities is to brush her teeth. A great way to entertain her while I take a shower in the morning!


She also loves to climb up on our bed and run around. She has not quite figured out jumping yet, but I am sure that is not too far behind.

This week we are planning to visit the community Rec Center and get our resident ID's (for resident rates) and I think I am going to enroll Alex in a toddler gymnastics class. I was going to just sign up for a gym playgroup but some of the mom's in our new playgroup said it is really just a play group...She is such a little monkey that I think some exposure to being in a group of other kids, waiting her turn, and getting a chance to bounce, climb, and swing will be good for her. We shall see how it goes! The class includes parents and is for kids walking-24 months. I am excited if nothing else!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well worth the wait!!! The pictures in the mirror are really a great view of her. Very clever. Love to you all from Gamma