Friday, October 17, 2008

October 17, 2008

It is hard to believe we only have eight more weeks until our due date. Though Steve is sure she will come early and I am starting to hope she will come a bit early. 40 (or okay, 38 weeks) is a long time! And everyday things are getting harder, like tying my shoes or getting up from the floor. And if I am on the couch when the phone rings, well the answering machine usually gets it before I do!

I finally found maternity jeans today that I actually feel good wearing, so I got two pairs and a few long sleeve tops that should hopefully get me through until she arrives. I would prefer not to have to but too many more pieces I won't wear much after December/January. Getting back to some of my pre-pregnancy clothes sounds like a very nice idea. I like my winter wardrobe!

We have started our birthing classes, or as they are called "Confidant Homecoming Classes". After the birthing video I jokingly said to Steve "you can do that part" to which he just laughed at me. So I asked him to get working on the "beaming" technology of Star Trek so we could just "beam" her out when the time comes. Unfortunately, he seems to have hit a snag in that development-mostly that at this time it is scientifically impossible. But he has a creative mind, maybe he will find a break through! Or create a whole new technology!

We have our house all decorated for Halloween now and it feels nice to be moving into fall, though I do miss the warmer days! We are going to have to turn the heat on one of these days soon. We had our "fall furnace check" today so we should be set when we are ready. And yeah, the furnace guy said our filter looks fine for another season. I really hate changing that, it is a pain in the you know what!

Steve is still enjoying his job, though he finds himself at odds sometimes with the business side that just wants to do things their way and trying to show/convince them that they are creating security risks, so he is learning to pick his battles and fight the battles that are the most important and just subtly continue to work on the lesser issues day by day. He is making some progress, but each day presents new challenges, which we all know he loves deep down.

I am starting to freak out a bit about getting everything done and documented in my job before I go on leave, but I take each day as it comes and get what I can done each day. What ever is not done, will have to be okay. I think QTI is a bit nervous as well, as we have 6 of us that will be out on leave around the same time. In fact, the first QTI baby of this new round was born yesterday. Babies all around!

Our kitties definitely know something is up as the baby gates keep going up in different areas, and their toys/play spaces are being moved/made smaller by baby stuff. Though I suspect they and Trogdor will find a somewhat peaceful co-existence, or at least I hope they do, as the kitties have always had such free reign of the house.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Genny and Steve

No comments: