Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tot Trekkers

Today Alex and I went to the zoo for program for 2-3 yr olds, presented by the zoo.  This one was about kangaroos.  It was a fun, casual kind of class, perfect for those with short attention spans!  The kids could hop along the wall, which should how far different animals could hop, practice hopping in a pillowcase (think potato sack races, but crazier), make a little pouch to hold an animal cut out, and get an up close look at a toad.  Then we headed out to take a look a the kangaroos in action.  I guess no one gave the kangaroos the memo we were coming...as they were all lounging in the sun :)  Then Alex and I went to visit the gorilla's with another little girl she met in the class.   We ended our morning with a train ride and a girls only lunch at the zoo for Alex and mommy.
Ready to go mommy!

Hello new friends!



Hello Froggy! (well, actually it was a toad, but she called it froggy)



Hop hop hop!

Listening so carefully!

No comments: